The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Archived from our former blog, The Beacon.
Five Sailors Become Citizens Under Navy's First "Naturalization at Basic Training" Ceremony
After the Pass-In-Review and presentation of the Nation’s Colors, USCIS Associate Director for Field Operations Debra Rogers administered the Oath of Allegiance to:
- Abdisalam Omar, age 24, from Somalia by way of France.
- Yojana Khatiwoda, 27, from Nepal
- Aasish Nepal, 26, from Nepal
- Daniel Denge, 24, from Kenya
- Samuel Njuguna, 28, from Kenya
The ceremony marked the continued expansion of the successful USCIS "Naturalization at Basic Training" initiative, which started in August 2009, and has already expedited citizenship for more than 1,000 soldiers at the end of Army basic training.