The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Archived from our former blog, The Beacon.
Visit our Citizenship Resource Center
That’s why USCIS created the Citizenship Resource Center, an easy-to-use Web portal that has information for learners, teachers and organizations. Visit it at www.uscis.gov/citizenship.
Learners such as permanent residents exploring the possibility of becoming U.S. citizens will find information on:
- Eligibility requirements
- The process of becoming a U.S. citizen
- Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, instructions, current filing fees, and processing times
- Study materials for the naturalization test, including a challenging self-test
- Finding help in your community. (English and citizenship classes, legal assistance from a recognized organization, USCIS-funded service providers, etc.)
- Free naturalization information sessions in your area
- Classroom tools—including publications, lesson plans, and other supplemental resources
- Online training and other skills-enhancing professional development tools
- Naturalization information that’ll help you understand the process and steps involved
- A schedule of free, in-person training workshops
We are always looking to improve our citizenship content. Please share any thoughts or suggestions in the comments section.