The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Archived from our former blog, The Beacon.
E-Verify on the Rise - 500,000 Employers Enrolled and Counting!
E-Verify's performance continues to improve. There are more than 1,500 new registrations every week and the number of employers enrolled has more than doubled since 2010. Presently, 98.81 percent of cases are confirmed as work authorized instantly or within 24 hours, up from 96.9 percent in 2008.
What have we done recently to make the program better for employers and workers? Let’s look at some of the enhancements we made to E-Verify in 2013:
- January 2013: E-Verify introduced the new searchable employer database so you can easily find enrolled employers. Monthly E-Verify overview webinars in Spanish began. On February 27, 2014, we will offer our first Employee Rights webinar in Spanish.
- June 2013: E-Verify announced an enhancement that allows E-Verify to send email notifications to employees when there is an information mismatch.
- September 2013: E-Verify streamlined the Tentative Nonconfirmation process.
- October 2013: E-Verify unveiled updated Web content with shortened URLs, streamlined navigational tools, and more.
- November 2013: E-Verify announced an enhancement that helps identify and deter fraudulent use of Social Security numbers for employment eligibility verification.
- December 8, 2013: E-Verify released three revised Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) for E-Verify browser users and three new MOUs for Web Services users and developers.
Sign up to receive updates and our newsletter, E-Verify Connection.