The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Archived from our former blog, The Beacon.
#AskUSCIS During our First Twitter Office Hours
- Follow @USCIS on Twitter.
- Ask your question in a tweet (not a direct message) using the #AskUSCIS hashtag.
- We can’t answer any case-specific questions or give updates on your case status. To check on your case anytime, enter a receipt number at Case Status Online.
- Don’t post your A-Number, receipt number, Social Security number or any other personal information. Someone could use it to steal your identity.
- We’ll answer as many questions as we can from 3-4 p.m.
- Afterward, we’ll post a transcript of the questions and answers to this blog.
When you ask a question, it might be helpful to let us know what form you’re filing.
Remember: Don’t post your A-Number, receipt number, Social Security number or any other personally identifiable information on social media.
With Twitter office hours, we want to help you – either as you’re preparing forms or after you’ve filed. To help as many customers as possible, we won’t answer questions about policies or take questions from the media, government agencies or stakeholder organizations. Members of the media should contact the USCIS Press Office at (202) 272-1200.
We hope you can join us and find Twitter office hours helpful. If the idea is successful, we plan to hold these sessions on a regular basis. Let us know what you think in the comments!