The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
Archived from our former blog, The Beacon.
Study Materials for Citizenship Applicants and Teachers
Citizenship Resource Center
Study materials for the English test include:
- Vocabulary flash cards for the writing portion of the naturalization test
- Vocabulary flash cards for the reading portion of the naturalization test
- Interactive vocabulary practice tests for the naturalization interview
Study materials for the civics test include:
- 100 civics questions and answersThis is the official list of civics questions and answers for the naturalization test. The questions and answers are also available in multiple languages and MP3 Audio Format.
- Civics flash cards for the naturalization test These are also available in Spanish.
- Learn About the United States: Quick Civics Lessons for the Naturalization Test This study booklet contains short lessons based on each of the 100 civics questions and answers on the naturalization test. All naturalization applicants receive a copy of this publication when they appear for their biometrics appointment.
- Preparing for the Naturalization Test A Pocket Study GuideThis pocket study guide contains the list of 100 civics questions and answers for the naturalization test as well as the English reading and writing vocabulary.
- Preparing for the Oath: U.S. History and Civics for Citizenship This website provides online videos and interactive activities that highlight museum objects from the Smithsonian Institution to help you prepare for the civics test.
- Resources for teachers can help enhance classroom instruction. In addition to training seminars, we offer lesson plans for instructors preparing students for U.S. citizenship, as well as materials with interactive games and student-centered activities. Many of these items can also serve as self-study tools for students.