Can I request that my company's E-Verify account be closed in less than 30 days?
Under certain circumstances, an E-Verify account may be closed prior to the end of the 30-day period required by the E-Verify MOU. Those circumstances include:
- The company no longer exists
- Closing the account is necessary to protect the account from unauthorized access
- A company has duplicate or unnecessary accounts
- A company needs to reregister in order to change its E-Verify access method or
- E-Verify determines that closing an account before 30 days is necessary based on the requirements of law or policy
To request that your E-Verify account be closed prior to 30 days from your notice of termination based on one of these circumstances, your written request for termination must:
- Request that your E-Verify account be closed prior to 30 days from your notice of termination, as required by the E-Verify MOU
- Explain why your account should be closed prior to 30 days from your notice of termination, referencing and explaining in detail one or more of the circumstances above and
- Specify the date you would like your E-Verify account closed
Closing E-Verify accounts prior to the end of the 30-day period, required by the E-Verify MOU, is at the discretion of E-Verify.