USCIS Online Account Setup
Before you begin filing your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, please ensure you have a compatible browser. Below are the browsers that are compatible with USCIS online filing. Please go to www.whatbrowser.org to determine what browser you are using and to download a browser that is compatible.
Step 1: Go to Online Filing
- Type “uscis.gov/file-online” into your Web browser and click on the “Log In” link to access online filing.
- Select "Click to File the Form I-90 Online"
Step 2: Create new account
- Select “Create a NEW account.”
Step 3: Enter your email address
- Type your email address in the space provided and select “Sign up.”
Step 4: Confirm account
- USCIS will send a confirmation message to the email address you provided.
- Select the link in the confirmation message to go to the USCIS online account login page and continue setting up your USCIS online account.
- If you do not receive the confirmation email in your inbox within 10 minutes, check your junk mail or spam folder.
- If your confirmation email is not in your junk mail or spam folder, select “Didn’t receive confirmation instructions?” for more information.
Step 5: Create password
Create a password for your USCIS online account. Your password must satisfy the following password requirements:
- Your password must be at least 8 characters in length.
- Your password must contain at least one upper case letter, at least one lower case letter, and at least one special character.
- Enter and confirm your new password, then select “Submit.”
Step 6: Select preference for receiving a one-time password
- Every time you log in to your USCIS online account, you will also need to enter a one-time password. This provides an extra layer of security for your USCIS online account.
- USCIS will automatically generate the one-time password and send it to you by email or mobile phone text message, depending on your selection.
- We encourage you to select both email and mobile phone text message for receiving your one-time password, then select “Submit.”
- If you select “Mobile,” you will be prompted to enter your U.S. mobile phone number. Standard text messaging rates may apply.
- It may take a few minutes to receive your one-time password. (Note: If you selected the email option, make sure to check your junk mail or spam folder in addition to your inbox.)
Step 7: Enter one-time password
Enter your one-time password in the space under “Secure one-time password” and select
- If you have not received your authentication code in 10 minutes, select “request a new one-time password.”
Step 8: Select password reset questions and answers
- Using the drop-down arrow, choose five password reset questions. These questions will be used to confirm you provided the email address used to create the USCIS online account if you forget your password.
- Type the answer to each question in the space provided. You must remember these answers if you ever need to reset your password.
- When you have finished, select “Submit.”
Step 9: Receive confirmation that your USCIS online account has been created
- You should see a confirmation message letting you know that you have successfully created your USCIS online account.
Still need help?
Technical issues with your USCIS online account;
Forgotten user ID or password reset for your USCIS online account; or
Information about your USCIS online application, petition or request.