Become a Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder) Through Refugee Status

Woman and child facing the camera and smiling

If you were admitted to the United States as a refugee, you must apply for a Green Card (officially known as a Permanent Resident Card) in the United States after one year of being in the United States as a refugee.

Last Reviewed/Updated: