Change My Nonimmigrant Status

Woman standing outside by umbrellas looking at the camera and smiling

To change your status while in the United States, you (or in some cases, your employer) must file a request with USCIS on the appropriate form before your authorized period of stay expires. 

File Online

Last Reviewed/Updated: