Green Card (Permanent Resident Card) for a Widow(er) of a U.S. Citizen

Older man sitting at a table looks down at a computer screen and is holding papers in his other hand

If you are a widow or widower and were married to a U.S. citizen at the time of their death, you may be eligible to apply for a Permanent Resident Card (commonly called a Green Card).

Last Reviewed/Updated: