H-1B Visa for Specialty Occupations, DOD Cooperative Research and Development Project Workers, and Fashion Models (Temporary Workers)

Woman looking at computer screen of business plan

For you to come to the United States lawfully as a nonimmigrant to work temporarily in the United States, your prospective employer must generally file a nonimmigrant petition on your behalf if you wish to perform services in:

  • A specialty occupation;
  • Exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project; or
  • A fashion model of distinguished merit or ability.
Last Reviewed/Updated: