The P-1B classification allows you to come to the United States temporarily to perform as a member of an entertainment group.
You may be eligible if you are coming to the United States temporarily to perform as a member of an entertainment group that has been recognized internationally as outstanding in the discipline for a sustained and substantial period of time.
The P-1S classification is for highly skilled essential support personnel who are an integral part of the successful performance of a P-1B entertainment group.
For more information, see our P-1B Member of an Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group page.
How to File
Your employer, agent, or sponsor must:
- Read the instructions for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker;
- Complete and sign Form I-129;
- Pay the filing fee, if applicable; and
- Provide all required evidence and supporting documentation.
Want status updates about your case? Learn how to create a USCIS online account to stay informed.
After You File
Once we receive your form, your employer, agent or sponsor will receive a:
- Receipt notice confirming we received your petition;
- Biometric services notice, if applicable;
- Notice to appear for an interview, if required; and
- Notice of our decision.