R-1 Visa, Temporary Nonimmigrant Religious Workers

Pastor preaching a a church

The R-1 visa classification allows you to come to the United States temporarily to be employed at least part time by a bona fide nonprofit religious organization in the United States to work solely as a minister, in a religious vocation, or in a religious occupation.

Last Reviewed/Updated: