Travel Outside the U.S. as a Permanent Resident

Three men and two women at a tropical location laughing

If you are in the United States as a lawful permanent resident or conditional permanent resident and you wish to travel outside the U.S., you may apply for a re-entry permit, refugee travel document, or advance parole travel document (including parole into the U.S. for humanitarian reasons). You must be physically present in the United States when you file the re-entry permit and complete the biometric services requirement, if applicable.

Last Reviewed/Updated: