USCIS Immigrant Fee Payment Guide
Before you pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee online, please ensure you have a compatible browser.
Step 1: Go to the USCIS Immigrant Fee page.
Step 2: Enter your information.
- In the space provided, enter your Alien Registration Number (A-Number) and Department of State (DOS) Case ID.
- You can find this information on your Immigrant Data Summary Sheet. You can also find this information on your USCIS Immigrant Fee Handout and immigrant visa.
- For additional information on how to find your A-Number and DOS Case ID, visit Immigrant Fee Payment: Tips on Finding Your A-Number and DOS Case ID.
Step 3: Once you have entered your information, select "Add."
Step 4: Add additional immigrants to your transaction (optional).
- You will see a confirmation message once you have added yourself.
- If you would like to add another immigrant to your payment, enter their A-Number and DOS Case ID in the spaces provided, then select “Add.” Repeat this step for each immigrant you want to add. Each payment you add will appear in the Immigrant Payee Table.
- To remove an immigrant, select “Remove.”
- When you are finished, select “Continue.”
Step 5: Review your payment.
- Review the information for each immigrant fee amount included in the USCIS Immigrant Payee Table.
- Provide and confirm your email address in the space provided. We will use this email to send you a confirmation and contact you about your payment, if needed. If you do not have an email address or do not want to provide this information, please select the box next to "I do not have an email address."
- Provide your mailing address in the space provided. We will use this address to contact you about your payment, if needed. If you do not want to provide a mailing address, please click the box next to "I do not want to provide a mailing address."
- When finished select “Proceed to Payment.”
Step 6: Select a payment method.
- You will automatically be directed to Pay.gov, a system managed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- You can pay the fee with a valid credit card, debit card, or electronic checking or savings (ACH) payment from a U.S. bank account. You can also pay with a prepaid card (like a Visa gift card purchased in a store). However, you can only use one card to pay the fee. The card must have enough money available to pay the total amount for all immigrants. For example, if you are paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee for four immigrants ($220 X 4 = $880), your card must have at least $880 available when you pay.
- Choose your payment method and then select “Continue.”
Step 7A: Enter your payment information (for applicants paying with debit or credit card).
- Select the account holder’s country and enter their billing address, name, card type, card expiration date, and account number.
- Select “Continue.”
Step 7B: Enter your payment information (for applicants paying with a U.S. checking or savings account).
- Enter the account holder’s name and choose the account type.
- Enter the account holder’s U.S. bank routing number and account number. Confirm the account number in the spaces provided.
- Select “Continue.”
Step 8A: Review and submit your payment (credit or debit card only).
- Review your credit or debit card payment.
- Select the box to authorize the charge to the card.
- Select “Submit.”
Step 8B: Review and submit your payment (checking or savings account payment only).
- Review your checking or savings account payment.
- Review and agree to the Pay.gov authorization and disclosure statement.
- Select “Submit.”
Step 9: Receive confirmation of your payment.
- Once your payment is complete, you will be directed to the “Confirmation” page. We encourage you to print a copy of this page for your records.
- From here, you can pay for additional immigrants, return to the USCIS homepage, or exit your browser.
- You will receive a payment confirmation from ELISdonotreply@uscis.dhs.gov with the subject “Pay.gov Payment Confirmation: Immigrant Visa.”
- The email will include your receipt number beginning with the letters IOE. We encourage you to save this email for your records.
Still need help?