How to Track Delivery of Your Green Card, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and Travel Document

1.    Sign up for a Case Status Online account to get automatic case updates, including your U.S. Postal Service (USPS) tracking number when we mail your card or travel document.

2.    Register for Informed Delivery through USPS to get daily images of mail being sent to you. With Informed Delivery, you can:

  • Automatically track the packages you're expecting
  • Set up email and text alerts
  • Enter USPS Delivery Instructions™ for your mail carrier

If your USPS tracking information shows your package was delivered but you have not received it, contact your local post office immediately. Remember, we will mail your card or travel document to the address you provided on your application (unless you told us to mail it your representative on Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative).

If your mailing address changes after you file your application, you must update your address with USCIS and USPS as soon as possible. We recommend you use the USPS Look Up a ZIP Code tool to ensure that you give USCIS your full address using the standard abbreviations and formatting recognized by USPS.

If you don’t update your address promptly, your case could be delayed, your document(s) could get lost, and you may need to reapply and pay the fee again.

Note: We’re implementing USPS’ Signature Confirmation Restricted Delivery in phases for the mailing of Green Cards, EADs, and Travel Documents. We will begin with documents that need to be re-mailed because they have been returned to us as undeliverable. 

With Signature Confirmation Restricted Delivery, you or your designated agent (PDF) will need to present valid identification and sign for the package in person.  USPS accepts the following forms of identification:

  • Armed forces, government, university, or recognized corporate identification card
  • Valid driver’s license or non-driver’s identification card
  • Passport or Green Card
  • Current lease, mortgage, or deed of trust
  • Vehicle registration card, or
  • Home or vehicle insurance policy

If you are designating someone to sign for your document and they are a U.S. citizen, they can also show a voter registration card or Certificate of Naturalization.

You can continue to use Informed Delivery to track and manage the delivery of your package.

Last Reviewed/Updated: