How to Track Delivery of Your Green Card, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), and Travel Document
1. Sign up for a Case Status Online account to get automatic case updates, including your U.S. Postal Service (USPS) tracking number when we mail your card or travel document.
2. Register for Informed Delivery through USPS to get daily images of mail being sent to you. With Informed Delivery, you can:
- Automatically track the packages you're expecting
- Set up email and text alerts
- Enter USPS Delivery Instructions™ for your mail carrier
If your USPS tracking information shows your package was delivered but you have not received it, contact your local post office immediately. Remember, we will mail your card or travel document to the address you provided on your application (unless you told us to mail it your representative on Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative).
If your mailing address changes after you file your application, you must update your address with USCIS and USPS as soon as possible. We recommend you use the USPS Look Up a ZIP Code tool to ensure that you give USCIS your full address using the standard abbreviations and formatting recognized by USPS.
If you don’t update your address promptly, your case could be delayed, your document(s) could get lost, and you may need to reapply and pay the fee again.
You can continue to use Informed Delivery to track and manage the delivery of your package.