G-639, Freedom of Information Act/Privacy Act Request
Use this form to request access to information under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Do not use this form:
- To determine the status of pending applications. For status inquires, write to the USCIS office where the application was filed or call our USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283.
- For consular notification of a visa petition approval. Use Form I-824 Application for action on an Approved Application or Petition.
- For the return of original documents. Use Form G-884, Request for Return of Original Documents.
- For records of naturalization before Sept. 27, 1906. Contact the clerk of court where naturalization occurred.
- For information on USCIS manifest arrivals before December 1982. Contact the National Archives.
- To obtain proof of status, such as a Social Security benefit or Selective Service requirement.
- To obtain a Certification of Nonexistence of a Record, which involves an agency decision. The Office of Records Management prepares this documentation. Send a request for this service to:
Attn: Records Services Branch
1200 1st St. NE, 2nd Floor
Washington, D.C. 20529-2204
Number of Pages
Form 4; Instructions 7.
04/17/17. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
National Records Center (NRC)
P.O. Box 648010
Lee's Summit, MO 64064-8010
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject and return any unsigned form.
The fee charged for a FOIA/Privacy Act Request may vary. See the G-639 instructions (PDF) for more information. Do not send any money with this request.