Granted a Green Card by an Immigration Judge or Board of Immigration Appeals

On this page you will find information on:

What do I do if I haven’t received my green card?

If an immigration judge (IJ) granted you permanent residence during immigration court proceedings or you were granted permanent residence by the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and you have not yet received your green card, please schedule an appointment with your local U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office. See the Make an Appointment page.

Wait at least 3 days after the judge or BIA decision before you schedule the appointment with the local office. This will allow time for USCIS to receive the decision and update our computer information.

What should I bring to the appointment?

You should bring:

  • A copy of the final order you received from the IJ or the BIA
  • Identity documents (passport, driver’s license, USCIS-issued Employment Authorization Document, etc)

What if I still don’t receive my green card after my appointment?

After your appointment at the local office, if you have complied with all the instructions, including biometrics, and you still do not receive your green card after 30 days:

  • Call the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283. For people who are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability: TTY 800-767-1833.

You must provide the following when you call or email the USCIS Contact Center:

  • Name
  • Alien number
  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • Date of your order from the IJ or the BIA
  • Specific type of relief granted (e.g., adjustment of status, cancellation of removal)
  • Whether your order is final (if you or your representative know)
  • The USCIS local or district office where you attended your appointment
  • Dates of your local office and Application Support Center appointments
  • Any other relevant information about your request for documentation

This information is required so that USCIS may better respond to your request.

Last Reviewed/Updated: