Renew Your DACA
Who Can Renew
You may request a renewal if you met the initial 2012 DACA guidelines and you:
- Did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
Please note, if you file after your most recent DACA period expired, but within one year of its expiration, you may submit a request to renew your DACA. If you are filing beyond one year after your most recent period of DACA expired, you may still request DACA by submitting a new initial request.
When to Renew
USCIS’ current goal is to process DACA renewal requests within 120 days. If your renewal request has been pending more than 105 days and you have not heard from us, please feel free to contact us.
How to Renew
- Complete and sign:
- Follow the instructions on all three forms to submit them to USCIS. Make sure you submit the correct fees.
Do not submit any additional documents at the time you request renewal unless:
- You have new documents involving removal proceedings or criminal history that you did not already submit to USCIS in a previously approved DACA request.
For more information, please visit the DACA Renewal Tips page.
USCIS may request additional documents or statements to verify information provided in support of requests for renewal of DACA. We may contact other government agencies, education institutions, employers, or other entities in order to verify information. USCIS may deny your renewal request if you do not respond to a Request for Evidence in a timely manner.
If you knowingly and willfully provide materially false information on Form I-821D, you will be committing a felony punishable by a fine or up to five years in prison, or both (see 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 (PDF).) In addition, you may be placed into removal proceedings.