I-102, Application for Replacement/Initial Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document

Use this form if you are a nonimmigrant and need to apply for a new or replacement Form I-94 or Form I-95, Nonimmigrant Arrival-Departure Document.

Forms and Document Downloads

Form Details

Edition Date

11/08/19. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 11/08/19 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.

Where to File

If U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issued your Form I-94, Form I-94W, or Form I-95 with incorrect information (for example, a misspelled name, incorrect date of birth, visa classification, or date of admission), do not file Form I-102. You will need to go to the nearest CBP port of entry or deferred inspection office to have the information corrected. For locations and hours of operation, visit the CBP’s website.

If you were admitted at an air or sea port of entry and received an electronic Form I-94, you should go to CBP’s Form I-94 page to get a paper version of your Form I-94, including a replacement Form I-94. Follow the instructions you received from CBP on how to do this.

Form I-94W for admissions at airports or seaports is only available if you were admitted on or before June 28, 2010.

File this form with a USCIS lockbox facility. Read our Form Filing Tips page for important filing tips, as well as additional information on fees. For more information on filing locations, see our Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-102 page.

Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:

  • Part 1. Information About You
    • Family Name
    • U.S. Mailing Address
    • Date of Birth
  • Part 2. Reason for Application

Don’t forget to sign your form. We will reject any unsigned form.

Filing Fee

You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check.  When filing at a USCIS lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request. Use our Fee Calculator to help determine your fee.

You do not need to pay a fee:

  • To request a correction to your Form I-94, Form I-94W, or Form I-95 if we made the error on your document through no fault of your own; or
  • If you are a nonimmigrant member of the U.S. armed forces, or you were participating in a North Atlantic Treaty Organization or Partnership for Peace military program under the Status of Forces Agreement, and you are requesting an initial Form I-94.
Checklist of Required Initial Evidence (for informational purposes only)

Please do not submit this checklist with your Form I-102. It is an optional tool to use as you prepare your form, but does not replace statutory, regulatory, and form instruction requirements. We recommend that you review these requirements before completing and submitting your form. Do not send original documents unless specifically requested in the form instructions or applicable regulations.

If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.

Did you provide the following?

  • If you were not issued a Form I-94 or Form I-94W, or if your Form I-94, Form I-94W, or Form I-95 is lost or was stolen, submit copy of the biographic page of your passport and a copy of the page indicating your admission as claimed, or other evidence of your identity or claimed admission;
  • If your passport is unavailable, submit a letter explaining why;
  • If your Form I-94, Form I-94W, or Form I-95, or your passport was stolen, submit a copy of the police report or a letter explaining why a police report is not available;
  • If your Form I-94, Form I-94W, or Form I-95 was mutilated, attach the damaged form; and
  • If you need to replace your Form I-94, Form I-94W, or Form I-95 due to a USCIS error, attach your original form with a letter explaining the specific error and evidence verifying the correct information.
Special Instructions

E-Notification: If you want to receive an email or a text message when we have accepted your form, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first page of your application.

Last Reviewed/Updated: