I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Purpose of Form

Use this to petition to bring your fiancé(e) (K-1) and that person’s children (K-2) to the U.S. for marriage to you, or to bring your spouse (K-3) and that person’s children (K-4) to the U.S. to apply for lawful permanent resident status.

How to report suspected marriage fraud
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has an online tip form to report suspected benefit/marriage fraud or other violations.

Help for immigration crime victims
Different types of support are available through ICE’s Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) Office.

Number of Pages

Form 13; instructions 15.

Edition Date

04/10/17. A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, you may file using the 04/10/17 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Where to File

File Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility:


  • For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
    P.O. Box 660151
    Dallas, TX 75266

    For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
    Attn: I-129F
    2501 South State Highway 121 Business
    Suite 400
    Lewisville, TX 75067

Filing Tips for Form I-129F

Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:

  • Part 1. Information About You
    • Classification Sought for Your Beneficiary
    • Family Name
    • Your Mailing Address
    • Date of Birth
  • Part 2. Information About Your Beneficiary
    • Classification Sought for Beneficiary
    • Family Name
    • Date of Birth

Don’t forget to sign your form!  We will reject and return any unsigned form.

Filing Fee

$535. You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check.  When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.

Special Instructions

U.S. citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their foreign national spouses must include:

  • A copy of the Form I-797C, Notice of Action, showing they have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of their spouse listed on the form; and
  • A marriage certificate, proving the legal marriage between the U.S. citizen and the foreign national.

Additional information about K-1 and K-3 visas is available at these links:

Do not include:

  • Anything that contains electronic chips and batteries (such as musical greeting cards) or any non-paper materials such as CD-ROMS, DVDs, toys, action figures, or thumb drives. We will not accept these types of materials. However, we will accept photographs or copies of these items. 
  • Any biological or genetic samples as DNA evidence. For information on DNA testing and submitting DNA samples, please visit the Department of State’s webpage.
  • Graphic photos of childbirth or intimate relations as evidence of a relationship or marital bona fides.
Last Reviewed/Updated: