I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country
- Form I-800A (PDF, 179 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-800A (PDF, 106 KB)
- Form I-800A Supplement 1 (Listing of Adult Member of the Household) (PDF, 83 KB)
- Form I-800A Supplement 2 (Consent to Disclose Information) (PDF, 64 KB)
- Form I-800A Supplement 3 (Request for Action on Approved Form I-800A) (PDF, 118 KB)
- Form M-738, Hague Processing Tip Sheet (PDF, 184 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Purpose of Form
For adjudicating the eligibility and suitability of the applicant(s) to adopt a child who habitually resides in a Hague Adoption Convention country.
Number of Pages
Form: 9; Instructions: 11; Supplement 1: 2; Supplement 2: 1; Supplement 3: 4.
11/23/10; (04/16/09; 09/10/09; 02/25/08 editions also accepted)
Where to File
P.O. Box 660087
Dallas, TX 75266
Express Mail and Courier Service deliveries:
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business,
Lewisville, TX 75067
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that your Form I-800A has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application. Form G-1145 can be downloaded through the link above.
Additional Information for Completing Your Form:
If you submit Form I-800A Supplement 1, Supplement 2, or Supplement 3 on paper: Be sure to sign the form at the applicable Signature areas. The fillable version of Form I-800A Supplement 1, Supplement 2, and Supplement 3 now includes “Don’t forget to sign!” messages and an arrow pointing to the signature box as reminders for when you print the completed form for mailing. USCIS rejects any unsigned Form I-800A Supplement 1, Supplement 2, and Supplement 3. Having to return it to you for a signature will delay processing of your application.
$720. (An $85 fee for biometrics is required for the applicant - and spouse, if any. Additionally, an $85 fee for biometrics is required for each person 18 years of age or older who is living with the applicant. See form instructions for additional details.)
The Hague Processing Tip Sheet, M-738, provides prospective adoptive parents and adoption service providers with helpful tips for preparing the home studies for Hague Convention adoptions.
Do not send Change of Address Requests to a USCIS Lockbox facility.
Notes on fees:
- An $85 fee for biometrics is required for the applicant (and spouse, if any).
- Additionally, an $85 fee for biometrics is required for each person 18 years of age or older who is living with the applicant.
- Form I-800A, Supplement 1 (Listing of Adult Member of the Household) must also be provided for each adult member of the household, excluding the applicant and applicant's spouse.
- $360 for Form I-800A, Supplement 3 (Request for Action on Approved Form I-800A), if applicable.
This page can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-800a