I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country
- Form I-800A (PDF, 201 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-800A (PDF, 232 KB)
- Form I-800A Supplement 1 (Listing of Adult Member of the Household) (PDF, 84 KB)
- Form I-800A Supplement 2 (Consent to Disclose Information) (PDF, 65 KB)
- Form I-800A Supplement 3 (Request for Action on Approved Form I-800A) (PDF, 119 KB)
- Form M-738, Hague Processing Tip Sheet (PDF, 184 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Purpose of Form
For adjudicating the eligibility and suitability of the applicant(s) to adopt a child who habitually resides in a Hague Adoption Convention country.
Number of Pages
Form: 9; Instructions: 11; Supplement 1: 2; Supplement 2: 1; Supplement 3: 4.
03/10/17. Starting 05/19/17, USCIS will only accept the 03/10/17 edition. Until then, you can use the 12/23/16 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
P.O. Box 660087
Dallas, TX 75266
For FedEx, UPS and DHL deliveries:
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business,
Lewisville, TX 75067
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that your Form I-800A has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application. Form G-1145 can be downloaded through the link above.
Filing Tips for Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country
Complete all sections of the form. The form will be rejected if these fields are missing:
- Part 1 – Information About You
- Family Name
- Home Address
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject and return any unsigned form.
$775. (An $85 fee for biometrics is required for the applicant and for a spouse, if any. Additionally, an $85 fee for biometrics is required for each person 18 years of age or older who is living with the applicant. See form instructions for additional details.)
The Hague Processing Tip Sheet, M-738, provides prospective adoptive parents and adoption service providers with helpful tips for preparing the home studies for Hague Convention adoptions.
Do not send Change of Address Requests to a USCIS Lockbox facility.
Notes on fees:
- An $85 fee for biometrics is required for the applicant (and spouse, if any).
- Additionally, an $85 fee for biometrics is required for each person 18 years of age or older who is living with the applicant.
- Form I-800A, Supplement 1 (Listing of Adult Member of the Household) must also be provided for each adult member of the household, excluding the applicant and applicant's spouse.
- $385 for Form I-800A, Supplement 3 (Request for Action on Approved Form I-800A), if applicable.
This page can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-800a