Completing Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, for Employees with Disabilities (Special Placement)
A representative of a nonprofit organization, association or rehabilitation program; parent; or legal guardian may establish identity for an individual being placed into employment by a nonprofit organization or association or as part of a rehabilitation program (such as a special placement program) if the individual cannot provide a List B document.
NOTE: If the employer participates in E-Verify, the employee must present a List B identity document with photograph to complete Form I-9.
How to complete Form I-9
In Section 1 a representative of a nonprofit organization, association or rehabilitation program; parent; or legal guardian:
- Enters the employee’s information and correct immigration status
- Enters “Special Placement” in the signature field
- Completes the Preparer and/or Translator Certification
To complete Section 2 for an employee with a disability, the employer:
- Enters “Special Placement” under List B
- Enters the List C document presented by the employee