No, with three exceptions: Agricultural associations, agricultural employers, and farm labor contractors.  These entities must complete Forms I-9 on all individuals who they recruit or refer for a fee. Also, all recruiters and referrers for a fee are liable for knowingly recruiting or referring for a fee individuals not authorized to work in the United States and must comply with federal anti-discrimination laws.

Last Reviewed/Updated: