N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
Use this form to apply for a replacement Declaration of Intention; Naturalization Certificate; Certificate of Citizenship; or Repatriation Certificate; or to apply for a special certificate of naturalization as a U.S. citizen to be recognized by a foreign country.
Number of Pages
Form 7; instructions 7.
06/13/17. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
You have two options for filing your Form N-565 with USCIS:
- Online, or
- By mail (paper).
1. Filing your Form N-565 online
You must create an online account in order to file your Form N-565 online. Having an online account will also allow you to:
- Pay your filing fee online;
- Check the status of your case;
- Receive notifications and case updates;
- Respond to requests for evidence; and
- Manage your contact information, including updating your address.
Applicants will be required to mail their original certificates and photos, if applicable, to the Nebraska Service Center after they file their applications online electronically through their online account.
2. Filing your Form N-565 by mail
You may also submit this form by mail to the following address:
USCIS Phoenix Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 20050
Phoenix, AZ 85036
For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Even if you mailed us your form, you can still create a USCIS online account to track and manage your case online.
When you submit your Form N-565 through the mail, you will receive a USCIS Account Acceptance Notice in the mail with instructions on how to create a USCIS online account. We will continue processing your application even if you choose not to access your online account. We will also continue to send you copies of notifications about your case by mail through the U.S. Postal Service.
Filing Tips for Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
Part 1 – Information About You
- Family Name
- Date of Birth
- Mailing Address
Part 2 – Type of Application
- Basis for Application
Filing Tips: Go to our Form Filing Tips page for information on how to help ensure that USCIS will accept your application.
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
$555. If you file your Form N-565 online, you may pay your fee online. If you file your Form N-565 by mail (paper), you may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, cashier’s check, or by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
No fee is required if you select Item C. in Item Number 2. of Part 2. of the application.
File online! It's easy and convenient.
File by paper:
Checklist of Required Initial Evidence (for informational purposes only)
Please do not submit this checklist with your Form N-565. It is an optional tool to use as you prepare your form, but does not replace statutory, regulatory, and form instruction requirements. We recommend that you review these requirements before completing and submitting your form. Do not send original documents unless specifically requested in the form instructions or applicable regulations.
If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.
Did you provide the following?
- Two identical passport-style photographs
- Your original document or certificate if you are applying for a new or replacement document due to a name, date of birth, or gender change
- A copy of the original document if you are applying for replacement of a lost, stolen, or destroyed document (if applicable)
- A police report or a sworn statement if you are applying for replacement of a lost, stolen, or destroyed document
- Evidence of a USCIS typographical or clerical error (if applicable)
- Evidence of your legal name change (if applicable)
- Evidence of your legal date of birth change (if applicable)
- Evidence of your legal gender change (if applicable)
- Evidence of your marital status change (if applicable)
- A copy of your original naturalization certificate if applying for special certificate of naturalization
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or a text message that your Form N-565 has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application.