N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship

Purpose of Form

Use this form to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship.

Number of Pages

Form 15; instructions 13

Edition Date

02/13/17. No previous editions accepted. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Where to File

If you are filing at a Lockbox, please read our filing tips.

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

Attn: Form N-600
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Filing Tips for Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship

Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:

  • Part 1 – Information About Your Eligibility
    • Check only ONE box in Part 1. If you check multiple boxes in Part 1, USCIS will reject your Form N-600 and return it to you for correction and re-filing.
  • Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
  • If you are a parent completing Form N-600 for a child younger than 14 years of age, you must sign in Part 8.
  • If you are completing Form N-600 for an applicant, you must complete and sign the designated section in Part 10, Contact Information, Declaration, and Signature of the Person Preparing this Application, if Other Than the Applicant.

Filing Fee

$1,170. (This fee applies even if you are filing as an adopted child or as a child of a veteran or member of the U.S. armed forces.) 

You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check.  When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.

Note:  There is no fee if you are a member or veteran of the U.S. armed forces, but you must submit proof of service.

Read our Paying Immigration Fees page for information on how to pay the fee.

Special Instructions

E-Notification:  If you are filing your Form N-600 at one of the USCIS Lockbox facilities and want to receive an email and/or text message when we accept your form, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first page of your application.

Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. Government, by an attorney or other authorized representative.  Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600.  Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview.

Last Reviewed/Updated: