N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
Use this form to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship.
What This Form Can Help You Do
02/13/17. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 02/13/17 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.
You have two options for filing your Form N-600 with USCIS:
- Online, using an electronic application form; or
- By mail, using a paper application form.
1. Filing your Form N-600 online
If you are applying from outside the U.S., are applying for a fee waiver, or are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. military filing on your own behalf, you cannot currently file your Form N-600 online. Please see section 2 below for how to file your form by mail.
You must create an online account to file your Form N-600 online. Through your online account, you can:
- Pay your filing fee;
- Submit passport-style photos;
- Check the status of your case;
- Receive notifications and case updates;
- Respond to requests for evidence; and
- Manage your contact information, including updating your address.
Attorneys and accredited representatives can also create an online account, which will allow them to manage all of their clients’ applications in one place.
2. Filing your Form N-600 by mail
If you file on paper, are a member or veteran of any branch of the U.S. military filing on your own behalf, or are applying for a fee waiver, you must mail your application to USCIS using one of the listed mailing addresses:
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036
For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
Attn: Form N-600
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Filing Tips for Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 1 – Information About Your Eligibility
- Check only ONE box in Part 1. If you check multiple boxes in Part 1, USCIS will reject your Form N-600 and return it to you for correction and re-filing.
- Your signature as the applicant.
- If you are a parent or legal guardian completing Form N-600 for a child younger than 14 years of age, you must sign in Part 8.
- If you are completing Form N-600 for an applicant, you must complete and sign the designated section in Part 10, Contact Information, Declaration, and Signature of the Person Preparing this Application, if Other Than the Applicant.
If you submit Form N-600 on paper, you will receive a USCIS Account Acceptance Notice in the mail with instructions on how to create an online account to track and manage your case. We will process your application even if you do not create an online account, but we encourage you to create and access your online account. We will continue to mail you copies of notifications about your case.
Filing Tips: Go to our Form Filing Tips page for information on how to help ensure that we will accept your application.
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
(This fee applies even if you are filing as an adopted child or as a child of a veteran or member of the U.S. armed forces.)
You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check. When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.
When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request. Use our Fee Calculator to help determine your fee.
Note: There is no fee if you are a member or veteran of the U.S. armed forces, but you must submit proof of service.
Read our Paying Immigration Fees page for information on how to pay the fee.
E-Notification: If you are filing your Form N-600 at one of the USCIS Lockbox facilities and want to receive an email and/or text message when we accept your form, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first page of your application.
Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. Government, by an attorney or other authorized representative. Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600. Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview.