N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship
- Form N-600 (PDF, 263 KB)
- Instructions for Form N-600 (PDF, 82 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Purpose of Form
This form is an application for a Certificate of Citizenship.
Number of Pages
Form 9; Instructions 9
02/03/15. Previous editions accepted.
Where to File
Mail your Form N-600 to the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox facility:
U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
P.O. Box 20100
Phoenix, AZ 85036
USPS Express Mail/Courier:
Attn: Form N-600
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Additional Information for Completing Your Form:
If you submit Form N-600 on paper: Be sure to sign the form at Part 7, Your Signature. The fillable version of Form N-600 now includes “Don’t forget to sign!” messages and an arrow pointing to the signature box as reminders for when you print the completed form for mailing. USCIS rejects any unsigned Form N-600. Having to return it to you for a signature will delay processing of your application.
$600. See exceptions under "Special Instructions."
The fee for most applicants is $600. There are two exceptions:
- The fee is $550 if filing for an adopted child.
- There is no fee if filing for a member or veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces - proof of service required. However, the fee for a child of a veteran or member of the U.S. Armed Forces is the normal $600 fee ($550 if child is adopted).
Please read our lockbox filing tips.
We will send you a text message and/or e-mail when your Form N-600 has been accepted if you clip a completed Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, to the front of your application.
To ensure your application is accepted, please ensure that you:
- Check only 1 box in Part 1, Information About Your Eligibility. If you check more than one box, we will return your application for correction.
- Pay the correct fee.
- Sign your application in Part 7. A parent completing Form N-600 on behalf of a child younger than 14 years of age can sign in Part 7. If someone prepared the form for you (such as an attorney), they must sign in Part 8.
- Submit required photos: See the Form N-600 instructions for information.
Attorney or representative: You may be represented, at no expense to the U.S. Government, by an attorney or other authorized representative. Your representative must submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Representative, with your Form N-600. Your representative may also submit Form G-28 at the time of your interview.
This page can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/n-600