E-Verify Outage and New Features
E-Verify, the free system that allows employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States, will be unavailable from April 20 at 9 p.m. until April 22 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern, while we implement system enhancements. For more information on how the outage will affect the creation of E-Verify cases see the fact sheet on our website.
On April 23, we will release a modernized version of E-Verify that will help users enter correct information, increase the speed and accuracy of the employment eligibility verification process, decrease Tentative Nonconfirmations (TNCs), and reduce manual verifications.
The improvements include:
- Text and visual features to help users accurately enter information into E-Verify;
- Real-time feedback to help users quickly correct data entry errors;
- Auto-scrolling to move to the next section on the page;
- Fewer steps to create or close a case;
- The ability to upload pictures of documents from a smartphone or tablet;
- Alerts when data is entered that may lead to a TNC;
- Updating language to use the same terms as the Form I-9;
- Improved data matching to reduce TNCs and manual verifications; and
- Enhancements to USCIS security and employer accountability features.
We gathered feedback from E-Verify users to make these improvements; please visit the new version of E-Verify on April 23. Read the user manual or job aids to learn to use the system. Log in or enroll at E-Verify.gov.