USCIS Engagement: O & P ATHLETES
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invites you to participate in a virtual stakeholder engagement for athletes and sports organizations that use the O and P nonimmigrant visa categories, on Wednesday, August 3, from 2-3:30 p.m. Eastern. The session is for stakeholders to discuss USCIS regulations, policies, and procedures relating to nonimmigrant athletes, athletic teams, and support personnel.
This national engagement will be an opportunity for you to:
- Get updates and learn about resources relating to O and P petitions for athletes, teams, and support personnel;
- Obtain responses to pre-submitted questions about relevant regulations, policies, and procedures; and
- Share your feedback with USCIS.
Questions for Consideration:
This engagement will include a listening session. USCIS is interested in overall feedback regarding the O and P programs as they relate to athletes and sports organizations. We would especially appreciate feedback on the following topics:
- Policy Guidance: Do you have feedback on the guidance available in the USCIS Policy Manual for O and P athletes and sports organizations? Are there areas where we should provide additional guidance or clarification?
- The 2006 Compete Act: Would it be helpful for us to clarify the eligibility and evidence requirements for the categories of P-1A athletes added by the 2006 Compete Act (professional athletes, certain amateur athletes and coaches, and theatrical ice skaters)?
- Adjudications: Do you have any additional feedback on O and P adjudications for athletes, athletic teams, and support personnel?