USCIS Nebraska Service Center: Academic Community Engagement
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Nebraska Service Center (NSC) invited interested individuals, including members of the academic community, to participate in an all-day stakeholder engagement on Thursday, July 18, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Central).
This engagement provided an opportunity for stakeholders to meet with USCIS to discuss student and academic-related immigration issues. Representatives from NAFSA: Association of International Educators, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Student and Exchange Visitor Program (ICE SEVP), and various designated school officials (DSOs) were present to share information and answer questions.
Topics for discussion include:
• Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
• Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization,
• Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,
• Immigration trends in higher education, and
• E-filing and SEVIS/CLAIMS interfaces.
Following the engagement, USCIS offered tours of the Nebraska Service Center to interested participants.