USCIS Immigrant Investor Program (EB-5) Stakeholder Engagement
Monday, March 20, 2023, | 1:30-3 p.m. Eastern
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invites you to participate in a stakeholder engagement on Monday, March 20, 2023, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. Eastern.
During the first part of the engagement, USCIS will discuss three specific areas within the Immigrant Investor Program.
The three topics are:
1. Direct and Third-Party Promoters: A promoter should submit Form I-956K, Registration for Direct and Third-Party Promoters, before operating on behalf of any of the specified entities or promoting any offering under the EB-5 Regional Center Program. The promoter must submit Form I-956K separate from the Form I-956F, Application for Approval of an Investment in a Commercial Enterprise, to seek an approval of an investment in a commercial enterprise.
2. Investment Period: USCIS will discuss the requirements for an immigrant investor to sustain their investment if they filed Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Standalone Investor, before March 15, 2022, and the new requirement under the EB-5 Reform and Integrity Act of 2022 (RIA) that capital must be expected to remain invested for at least two years for those who filed an I-526 or Form I-526E on or after March 15, 2022.
3. Regional Center Operations: We will discuss issues related to regional center operations, in particular those who wish to withdraw from the program and terminate their status and those who do not wish to solicit investments for new projects under the RIA.
We will then hold a Q&A to hear questions, comments, and individual feedback from stakeholders on these three topics. Although we are interested in receiving overall feedback about the EB-5 program, we would appreciate focusing the Q&A portion of the engagement on the topics above.
We will not address case-specific questions, questions outside the scope of the engagement, or issues under active litigation or likely to be litigated. We are committed to public engagement, and sessions like this provide valuable feedback as we work to improve our programs. Participation in this engagement will be virtual.
Questions for consideration:
If you would like to submit a question in advance on one of the three topics we will be covering during this engagement (direct and third-party promoters, sustainment, or regional center operations), please send your question to the Public Engagement mailbox at email@example.com with the subject line “Question: EB-5 Engagement March 20, 2023” by 4 p.m. Friday, Feb. 10.
1. Visit our registration page.
2. You will be asked to provide your email address and select “Submit.”
3. On the next screen, you will see a notification that you successfully subscribed to this event.
Once we process your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with additional details.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in this engagement, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. Eastern, Monday, March 13.
Note to media: This engagement is not for press purposes. Please contact the USCIS Press Office at email@example.com for any media inquiries.
We look forward to your participation!