Part G – Spouses of U.S. Citizens
Chapter 1 – Purpose and Background
Chapter 2 – Marriage and Marital Union for Naturalization
Chapter 4 – Spouses of U.S. Citizens Employed Abroad
Technical Update – Validity of Same-Sex Marriages
July 01, 2014
This technical update addresses the Supreme Court ruling holding that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional.
POLICY ALERT – Comprehensive Citizenship and Naturalization Policy Guidance
January 07, 2013
USCIS is issuing updated and comprehensive citizenship and naturalization policy guidance in the new USCIS Policy Manual.
- INA 101(f) - Definition of good moral character
- 8 CFR 316.5(b)(6) - Residence for certain spouses of military personnel
- 8 CFR 316.6 - Physical presence for certain spouses of military personnel
- 8 U.S.C. 1443a - Overseas naturalization for service members and their family
- INA 318 - Prerequisite to naturalization, burden of proof
- INA 319(e) - Residence, physical presence, and overseas naturalization for certain spouses of military personnel