Part G – Spouses of U.S. Citizens
Chapter 1 – Purpose and Background
Chapter 2 – Marriage and Marital Union for Naturalization
Chapter 4 – Spouses of U.S. Citizens Employed Abroad
POLICY ALERT – Marriage and Living in Marital Union Requirements for Naturalization
October 12, 2018
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is updating policy guidance in the USCIS Policy Manual to clarify the marriage and living in marital union requirements under section 319(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
POLICY ALERT – Special Naturalization Provisions for Children
September 26, 2018
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is issuing policy guidance to amend the USCIS Policy Manual to clarify certain special naturalization provisions for children.
Technical Update – Validity of Same-Sex Marriages
July 01, 2014
This technical update addresses the Supreme Court ruling holding that Section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is unconstitutional.
POLICY ALERT – Comprehensive Citizenship and Naturalization Policy Guidance
January 07, 2013
USCIS is issuing updated and comprehensive citizenship and naturalization policy guidance in the new USCIS Policy Manual.
- INA 101(f) - Definition of good moral character
- 8 CFR 316.5(b)(6) - Residence for certain spouses of military personnel
- 8 CFR 316.6 - Physical presence for certain spouses of military personnel
- 8 U.S.C. 1443a - Overseas naturalization for service members and their family
- INA 318 - Prerequisite to naturalization, burden of proof
- INA 319(e) - Residence, physical presence, and overseas naturalization for certain spouses of military personnel