Part H – Children of U.S. Citizens
Chapter 1 – Purpose and Background
A. General Requirements: Genetic, Legitimated, or Adopted Child Automatically Acquiring Citizenship after Birth
POLICY ALERT – Effective Date of Lawful Permanent Residence for Purposes of Citizenship and Naturalization
July 27, 2016
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is issuing policy guidance regarding the date of legal permanent residence (LPR) for naturalization and citizenship purposes.
Technical Update – Child Citizenship Act and Children of U.S. Government Employees Residing Abroad
July 20, 2015
This technical update clarifies that the child of a U.S. government employee temporarily stationed abroad is considered to be residing in the United States for purposes of acquisition of citizenship under INA 320.
POLICY ALERT – Effect of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) on Immigration and Acquisition of Citizenship Under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
October 28, 2014
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is issuing policy guidance relating to the use of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART).
- 12 USCIS-PM H - Children of U.S. Citizens
- 12 USCIS-PM H.2 - Definition of Child for Citizenship and Naturalization
- 12 USCIS-PM H.3 - United States Citizens at Birth (INA 301 and 309)
- 12 USCIS-PM H.4 - Automatic Acquisition of Citizenship after Birth (INA 320)
- 12 USCIS-PM H.5 - Child Residing Outside of the United States (INA 322)
POLICY ALERT – Comprehensive Citizenship and Naturalization Policy Guidance
January 07, 2013
USCIS is issuing updated and comprehensive citizenship and naturalization policy guidance in the new USCIS Policy Manual.