Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Liaison and Coordination
The Liaison and Coordination Branch within the External Affairs Directorate manages the flow of information between USCIS and the DHS Office of the CIS Ombudsman. This ensures the best possible service by:
- Responding to the Ombudsman’s questions and formal recommendations;
- Reviewing and responding to the Ombudsman’s annual reports; and
- Implementing new policies and improved procedures.
For USCIS responses to Ombudsman reports and recommendations, please visit either of these pages:
- USCIS Responses to the Ombudsman’s Annual Reports to Congress
- USCIS Responses to the Ombudsman’s Formal Recommendations
The Liaison and Coordination Branch does not receive questions directly from the public. For case-specific questions, you can:
- Use our online tools; or
- Contact the USCIS Contact Center.
You can find more information about the DHS Office of the CIS Ombudsman on the CIS Ombudsman page of dhs.gov.