Email Updates: What You Need to Know
USCIS currently uses the "GovDelivery" system to deliver email bulletin message to self-subscribed users.
GovDelivery is a Web-based mail subscription management system that allows you to subscribe to news and information on our website. You select specific pages and topics that interest you. Whenever information is updated on those pages, you receive an email alert that the pages have changed. You may customize and manage your subscription profile in order to receive exactly the types of information you desire, and you may cancel your subscriptions at any time.
Available Subscription Topics
You can find a list of topics on our Get Email Updates page. To subscribe simply click the link for the topic that interests you and enter your email address.
Setting Up Your Profile
A profile consists of your email address and the items and categories for which you wish to receive email updates. Your profile is necessary so that USCIS can keep track of your subscriptions and send you the appropriate email updates. You can change your profile at any time by adding or deleting subscriptions, changing the frequency of email notices (“digest”), or changing your email address.
To access your profile: At the bottom of each email you receive is a section called "Manage Your USCIS Subscriptions." You can change your email address by clicking on the link in that section called "Manage Your Subscriptions or Unsubscribe."
Receiving Email Notices
You should receive a “New Subscriber” email as soon as you subscribe for each item you select. To ensure that you receive your subscription emails from USCIS, please add us to your contact list, adjust your Spam settings, or follow the instructions from your email provider on how to prevent our emails from being marked "Spam" or "Junk Mail."
If you received the “New Subscriber” email, but have not received anything further, the item(s) you selected may not have changed recently, and there has been no need to notify you. If you have further questions or need assistance, you can email GovDelivery support staff.
Updates to USCIS.gov
You will receive email notices whenever information has been changed on the USCIS Web page(s) to which you subscribe.
- If you want to receive an email immediately when information changes on any of the pages in your profile, you should select “Send immediately” under the “Change Email Frequency Preference” option.
- If you prefer to receive fewer emails, you may select one of the “digest” options to receive the email notices from all of your subscriptions in one daily, weekly, or monthly email.
Changing Your Email Address
You can change your email address at any time.
- At the bottom of each email you receive is a section titled "Manage Your USCIS Subscriptions."
- You can change your email address by clicking on the link in that section called "Manage Your Subscriptions or Unsubscribe."
- On that page is a section called “Email Address.”