Immigration and Citizenship Data
USCIS receives and adjudicates approximately 6 million petitions and applications annually from individuals and employers. These petitions and applications typically allow foreign nationals to stay in United States as lawful permanent residents (LPR) or immigrants, to stay temporarily to work as nonimmigrants for some other purpose, or to obtain U.S. citizenship.
These reports generally provide summary data on the number of applications or petitions received, approved, denied and pending. In addition, certain tables list the USCIS office responsible for the adjudication.
You can find additional data by visiting the:
- DHS Office of Immigration Statistics - Reports on the number and characteristics of persons granted LPR and citizenship status
- USCIS Electronic Reading Room - Frequently requested USCIS statistics.
The information on this page is organized based on the benefits provided to individuals:
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Form I-821D: cumulative number of requests accepted for processing, biometrics appointments scheduled, requests ready for review and requests completed to-date
- Population Data
- DACA Expiration Data, as of Jan. 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 99 KB)
- DACA Pending Renewal and Initial Requests, as of Jan. 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 67 KB)
- DACA Receipts Since the January Injunction, as of Jan. 31, 2018: PDF version (PDF, 91 KB)
- Renewal Status, as of 9/07/2017: PDF version (PDF, 71 KB); CSV version (CSV, 2 KB)
- Renewal Status (with Denials), as of 11/02/2017: PDF version (PDF, 82 KB)
- DACA Recipients Serving in the Military (Data provided by DoD): PDF version (PDF, 75 KB)
- Terminations Related to Criminal and Gang Activity from 2013 to 2017, as of 10/01/2017: PDF version (PDF, 69 KB)
This section contains reports on the number of petitions and applications for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status based on a family relationship with an LPR or U.S. citizen.
This section contains reports on the number of petitions and applications for temporary or lawful permanent resident status based on needed job skills.
Temporary Workers: Data on petitions for H-2A (seasonal agricultural) and L-1B (intracompany transferee specialized knowledge) temporary worker status.
Permanent Residents: Data on applications for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status based on needed job skills and alien entrepreneurs creating jobs in the United States.
- Adjustment of Status (Form I-485 Application)
- Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur (Form I-526)
- Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions (Form I-829)
Transparency for U.S. Workers
H-1B Datasets: These datasets provide information about the hiring practices of employers who petition for foreign national workers.
- H-1B Trends: 2007 to 2017: PDF version (PDF, 92 KB); CSV version (CSV, 16 KB)
- Approved H-1B Petitions by Employer, FY2015: PDF version (PDF, 13.40 MB); CSV version (CSV, 1.80 MB)
- Approved H-1B Petitions by Employer, FY2016: PDF version (PDF, 13.82 MB); CSV version (CSV, 2.63 MB)
- Approved H-2B Cap-Subject Beneficiaries by Job Code, Fiscal Year 2017: PDF version (PDF, 1.10 MB); CSV version (CSV, 151 KB)
EAD Reports: These reports provide an overview of all categories for which employment authorization documents (EAD) are provided to foreign nationals. They also specify which employment authorization classes are specifically authorized by statute and which classes are provided to foreign nationals as a matter of the discretion of the Secretary of Homeland Security.
- EADs by Classification and Statutory Eligibility, Oct. 1, 2012 - June 29, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 110 KB); CSV version (CSV, 2 KB)
- EADs by Classification and Basis for Eligibility, Oct. 1, 2012 - June 29, 2017: PDF version (PDF, 116 KB); CSV version (CSV, 5 KB)
This section contains reports on the number of applications for asylum and refugee status, applications and petitions for victims of trafficking or other serious crimes, and self-petitions for victims of domestic violence.
Permanent Residents: Data on petitions/applications for lawful permanent resident (LPR) status based on humanitarian concerns (asylees and refugees).
Victims of Trafficking or Crime: Data on applications for nonimmigrant status for victims of trafficking or crime.
Victims of Domestic Violence (Battery or Extreme Cruelty): Data on self-petitions for victims of domestic violence.
Citizenship and Naturalization
This section contains data on citizenship and naturalization benefits and application processing times.
Frequently Requested Statistics
This section contains data on various petitions/applications for immigration and citizenship benefits.
This section contains data on all forms and I-407 data.
This section contains previously published reports.
- Performance Data (Form N-600)
- Performance Data (Form N-644)
- Naturalization Average Cycle Time (Form N-400)
- Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker Performance Data by Class and Beneficiary Country of Birth (Form I-140)
- H-1B Nonimmigrant Worker (Form I-129 Petition)
- Applications for Immigration Benefits and Naturalization Monthly Statistical Reports
Find this page at: www.uscis.gov/data