The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.
USCIS Fiscal Year 2016 Accomplishments
At USCIS, we measure success by how well we reinforce the country’s proud tradition as a nation of hope and opportunity, uphold the integrity of the immigration system, and safeguard our nation’s security.
Our accomplishments at USCIS would not be possible without our exceptional workforce. The collective ingenuity, professionalism, and dedication of our employees propel the agency to greater success year after year
In fiscal year 2016, USCIS:
- Processed more than 7.9 million citizenship and immigration benefit requests.
- Achieved an overall USCIS Contact Center satisfaction rating of 85 percent, meeting the goal for the year.
- Held 852 naturalization information sessions for 36,463 attendees, and conducted 12 citizenship education training seminars for 843 citizenship educators.
- Hosted 81 national engagements and 3,982 local engagements, reaching more than 200,000 individuals.
Other notable achievements:
- More than 5,900 librarians registered to receive information to better educate the public on immigration and citizenship resources.
- The Citizenship Resource Center website had 6,442,792 visitors, an increase of 65.78 percent from the previous year. The website’s average American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) score of 85 was 10 points higher than the ForeSee E-Government Satisfaction Index across all federal agencies.
- 34,230 permanent residents received citizenship preparation services under the Citizenship and Assimilation Grant Program.
Out of more than 140 submissions, myUSCIS won the 2016 Igniting Innovation Award, which the American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council uses to recognize government information technology problem solving.