I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

Purpose of Form

Use this form to replace a Green Card.

DO NOT submit this form if you are a conditional resident seeking to remove conditions on your Green Card. If you are a conditional resident, you must submit one of the following:


Number of Pages

Form 8; Instructions 13.

Edition Date

06/30/15. You can also use the 12/29/14 edition. (The edition date can be found at the bottom of the page on the Form and Instructions.)

Where to File

You have two options for filing your Form I-90 application with USCIS:

  • Online, or
  • By mail (paper).

Filing Your Form I-90 Online

To file online, click on the button below to go to the File the Form I-90 Online Page.

You may not file your Form I-90 online if you are applying for a fee waiver.

Filing Your Form I-90 Form By Mail

• If you submit a paper application, send it to:

By regular mail:

P.O. Box 21262
Phoenix, AZ 85036

By express delivery/courier:

Attention: I-90
1820 E. Skyharbor, Circle S, Floor 1
Suite 100
Phoenix, AZ 85034


  • If you submit Form I-90 on paper: Be sure to sign the form at Part 5, Item Number 6.a., Applicant’s Signature. The fillable version of Form I-90 now includes “Don’t forget to sign!” messages and an arrow pointing to the signature box as reminders for when you print the completed form for mailing. USCIS rejects any unsigned Form I-90. Having to return it to you for a signature will delay processing of your application.
  • If you file Form I-90 on paper, we will scan the documents into our system for electronic processing. If you do not already have a USCIS online account, we will create one for you once we receive your paper application. You will receive a USCIS Account Acceptance Notice with instructions on how to access your USCIS online account. A USCIS online account allows you to:
    • Check the status of your application, petition or request,
    • Receive notifications and case updates, and
    • Manage your contact information.
  • Even if you do not use your USCIS online account, we will continue to process your properly completed and signed Form I-90. You will receive notifications and updates about your application by mail through the U.S. Postal Service. If you need assistance, contact the USCIS Customer Service Center.
  • You must include all evidence and supporting documentation listed in the Form Instructions. Please submit photocopies unless USCIS specifically requests originals.
  • We recommend you read our Lockbox Filing Tips.
  • To ensure that we can accept your Form I-90:
    • Submit the correct fee.
    • Fill out the form completely and accurately, particularly these required fields:
  1. Family Name
  2. Address
  3. Date of Birth
  4. Signature
  • If you would like to receive an e-Notification when we accept your Form I-90 at the USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and attach it to the first page of your application. You can continue to receive updates about your case status by creating a USCIS online account.
  • If you move, you must update your address with USCIS. You can do so through your USCIS online account  or by filing Form AR-11 (online or by mail).
  • The fillable version of Form I-90 has 2D barcode technology at the bottom of each page. As you add information to the form on your computer, the barcode changes to store the information. This helps us to collect the data quickly and accurately.

Filing Fee

$365 (see Special Instructions for exceptions). A biometric services fee of $85 may also be required. Refer also to Special Instructions below for the table "Filing Fees by Application Reason".

Special Instructions

  • If you are filing Form I-90 because you never received your Permanent Resident Card (Green Card), you do not have to pay a filing fee as long as you meet these criteria:
    • We mailed the card over 30 days ago;
    • It was returned to us as undeliverable; and
    • You have not moved from the address you provided us.

However, you must submit:

  1. A copy of the Form I-797, Notice of Action, for the form that USCIS approved to grant your Permanent Resident Card; for example, Form I-485, Form I-751, Form I-829, or Form I-90;
  2. A copy of government-issued identification that contains your name, date of birth, photograph and signature.
  • If you are filing the Form I-90 because your current Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) contains incorrect information due to a Department of Homeland Security error, such as a misspelled name, you do not have to pay a filing fee.

However, you must send us:

  1. The original card that contains the incorrect information; and
  2. Evidence documenting your correct name or biographical information.

Filing Fees by Application Reason:

Reason for ApplicationForm FeeBiometric ServicesTotal
(A) My card has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.$365$85$450
(B) My previous card was issued but never received.$0$0$0
(C) My card has been mutilated.$365$85$450
(D) My existing card has incorrect data because of DHS error.$0$0$0
(E) My name or other information has been legally changed.$365$85$450
(F) My card will expire within six months or has already expired.$365$85$450
(G1) I have reached my 14th birthday, and my existing card will
expire after my 16th birthday.
(G2) I have reached my 14th birthday and my existing card will
expire before my 16th birthday.
(H1) I am a permanent resident who is taking up commuter status.$365$85$450
(H2) I am a commuter who is taking up residence in the U.S.$365$85$450
(I) I have been automatically converted to permanent residence status.$365$85$450
(J) I have a prior edition of the card, or I am applying to replace my card for a reason not specified above.$365$85$450

Acceptable methods of payment:

  • Filing By Mail: Check or money order (No credit or debit card, no cash)
  • Filing Online: Credit card, debit card, or U.S. bank account

Withdrawing an Application

If you wish to withdraw your Form I-90, you must submit a written request to:

Potomac Service Center
200 Potomac Center Drive Stop 2425
Arlington, VA 20598-2425

USCIS will not issue any refunds if you withdraw your application or cancel your request.

This page can be found at https://www.uscis.gov/i-90

Last Reviewed/Updated: