USCIS Contact Center
You have many ways to get basic information about immigration services and ask questions about a pending case. Through our digital self-help tools and live assistance, the USCIS Contact Center provides a pathway for you to get consistent, accurate information and answers to immigration case questions.
Digital Self-Help Tools
USCIS Online Account
If you are an applicant, petitioner, or legal representative, sign up for a USCIS online account to access personalized, real-time information about individual cases from your computer, cell phone, or tablet. Through your online account, you can track the status of your case. You can also send case-specific messages to the USCIS Contact Center and receive answers through the secure inbox.
You can also use our e-request tool to ask questions about your case, including if your case is outside normal processing times, you didn’t receive your card or notice in the mail, or your card or document has a mistake.
Emma, our online virtual assistant, quickly answers questions about immigration benefits and guides you through our website. She is available in English and Spanish.
Other Online Tools
We have a number of convenient and free online tools you can use to manage your case, any time, on any device. These include:
- Change of address. You must report a change of address when you move. This is especially important if you have a case pending with USCIS. You can do this online at uscis.gov/addresschange.
- General case status. To check the status of a pending application, visit Case Status Online. If you want to know how long it may take to get a decision on your case, visit our case processing times page.
Online filing. You can create an account and file online for the following forms:
- N-400, Application for Naturalization
- I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card
- N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document
- N-336, Request for a Hearing on a Decision in Naturalization Proceedings (Under Section 336 of the INA)
If you already filed a paper form for one of the applications listed above, you can still create an account and receive all the benefits on the online account, including personalized case processing times.
If you are in the United States or a U.S. territory, you can call the USCIS Contact Center. Dial 800-375-5283 (for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability: TTY 800-767-1833) to access automated information through an interactive menu 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also get live help from a USCIS representative Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern except on federal holidays.
If you need help outside of our normal business hours, or if our representatives are busy assisting other callers when you call, you can ask about your case online or use our digital tools and resources.