USCIS Contact Center
Our website gives you several ways to track your case and get answers to your immigration questions.
Track Your Case
- USCIS Online Account—If you submitted a paper form and your receipt number begins with IOE, we mailed you a letter about creating a USCIS online account. That letter has user codes (valid for 90 days) you need to create an account. With an account, you can sign up for automatic case alerts, see processing times, upload evidence, update your address, and send us secure messages using any device!
- If you submitted a paper form and your receipt number begins with other letters, you can create an account and add your paper-filed case to receive automatic case alerts.
- For technical support with the USCIS online account, use this help form.
- Case Status—uscis.gov/casestatus
- Processing Times—uscis.gov/processingtimes
- Case Questions—If your document or notice has a mistake or was not delivered, or if you need an accommodation for an appointment, please visit uscis.gov/e-request.
- Other Online Tools—Check out all our online tools at uscis.gov/tools.
- Change of address—Make sure to keep your address current at uscis.gov/addresschange. If your receipt number begins with IOE, it is better and faster to update your address in your USCIS online account.
- Online filing—You can submit our most popular forms online with an account. Having an account allows you to sign up for automatic case alerts, see processing times, upload evidence, update your address, and send us secure messages using any device!
- Emma, our online virtual assistant, answers questions in English and Spanish, and guides you through our website. If Emma cannot answer your question, she may connect you to live chat with an agent.
- Automated Help—Our new speech-enabled phone system answers general questions 24 hours a day. Dial 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833) and ask your question in English or Spanish. The system will answer your question and can send you links to forms and information by email or text.
- Live Assistance—You may have to wait to speak to a representative by phone. Please try our online tools first. If you want to speak to someone and your issue cannot be resolved right away, your request will be sent to an Immigration Services Officer. We will send you an email to confirm your request and give an estimate when we will contact you. You will also receive a text message and/or email one to two business days before we contact you.
Our toll free number is 800-375-5283 (TTY 800-767-1833) and our hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm Eastern.
- Outside the U.S? Call 212-620-3418
- In-person Services—We schedule in-person appointments for applicants who need a service that cannot be provided by phone or email. For example:
- If someone needs proof of their immigration status to work or travel
- When temporary visitors’ period of lawful stay is about to expire, and they need to show “satisfactory departure”
- Emergency travel documents
Please call the Contact Center at 800-375-5283 to request an appointment.