USCIS Contracting

How to do Business with USCIS and DHS

The USCIS Office of Contracting is the sole contracting office to procure goods and services to meet the mission of USCIS. USCIS buys these goods and services across the broad spectrum of industry (large and small) in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and DHS regulations.

The USCIS Office of Contracting fulfills these needs by using a variety of acquisition sources such as DHS department-wide strategic sourcing contract vehicles, General Services Administration (GSA) Federal Supply Schedules (FSS), Government-wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), and other sources, including open market.

To learn more about how to do business with USCIS and DHS, visit Do Business with DHS.

Strategic Sourcing Contracts

Strategic sourcing contracts are DHS-wide acquisition vehicles that are designed to enhance mission performance, provide increased efficiency in acquisition and mission support, develop repeatable processes for implementing effective department-wide acquisitions, and improve fulfillment of small business and socioeconomic acquisition goals. DHS has more than 70 active strategic sourcing vehicles. We most often use the following strategic sourcing contract vehicles:

  • EAGLE NEXT Gen (a portfolio approach to the acquisition of Information Technology (IT) services. The portfolio mandates the use of DHS-specific IT services contracts and adopted IT GWACs.)
  • EAGLE II for IT services;
  • FIRSTSOURCE II for IT commodities;
  • PACTS II for program management, administrative, operations (clerical), and technical services; and
  • GSA OASIS for program management support.

Acquisition Planning Forecast System (APFS)

APFS is a portal that provides small and large business vendors with a way to view anticipated contract actions valued above the simplified acquisition threshold. With APFS, DHS can notify vendors and allow them to track opportunities across the components. Vendors who would like to receive notifications of newly published opportunities may register online.

How to Register to do Business with the Government

The System for Award Management (SAM) is the official website where you can register to do business with the U.S. government. You must have an active registration in SAM to do business with the federal government. To get started in SAM you will need:

  1. Your DUNS number, legal business name, and your physical address from your Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) record (If you don't already have one, you can request a DUNS number for FREE from D&B).
  2. Your taxpayer identification number (TIN) and the taxpayer name associated with your TIN. You can find your taxpayer name on your tax documents from the IRS (such as a 1099 or W-2 form).
  3. To set up electronic funds transfers (EFTs), you will need the following information from your bank: your bank’s routing number, your account number, and the type of account you have (checking or savings). Additional information may be needed. Please check SAM’s website for more information.

How to Find Business Opportunities with the Government (formerly known as Federal Business Opportunities Federal Business Opportunities, and commonly known as Fed Biz Ops or FBO) is a free, publicly accessible web-based portal that allows interested vendors to review federal procurement opportunities valued at over $25,000.


Last Reviewed/Updated: