Skip to main content

Haitian Child Paroled Under Special Circumstances

Archived Content

The information on this page is out of date. However, some of the content may still be useful, so we have archived the page.

If you were paroled into the United States under the Special Humanitarian Parole Program for Haitian Orphans, see the below options on how to get permanent legal status in the US. 

Option #1 Green Card through the Help HAITI Act of 2010

If your child qualifies to get permanent residency through the Help HAITI Act of 2010, please follow this link

Option #2 Green Card as an Immediate Relative of a US citizen

Note: To qualify under #2, there are additional age and legal/physical custody requirements that must be met

Option #3 If you completed a full and final adoption in Haiti for immigration purposes, meaning:

  • The foreign adoption of the Haitian orphan was not defective
  • The adoption was completed in Haiti by a U.S. citizen and spouse jointly, or by an unmarried United States citizen at least 25 years of age
  • The unmarried U.S. citizen parent or U.S. citizen parent and spouse jointly saw and observed the child, in person, prior to or during the foreign adoption proceedings

THEN: You should have been contacted by a USCIS officer. If you have not been contacted, write to

Last Reviewed/Updated: