National Stakeholder Engagement on Afghan Parole Applications for Urgent Humanitarian Reasons or Significant Public Benefit
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is pleased to invite you to our stakeholder engagement on Afghan nationals seeking to be paroled into the United States for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit. The engagement will take place on Wednesday, March 20, 2024, from 2-3 p.m. Eastern. During this engagement, we will discuss:
- General requirements and considerations when applying for parole under the Form I-131 application process;
- USCIS’ process improvements to more efficiently adjudicate Form I-131 parole applications; and
- Progress updates with current Form I-131 filings pending on behalf of an Afghan beneficiary outside the United States.
- Visit our registration page.
- Provide your email address and select “Submit.”
- On the next screen, you will see a notification that you successfully subscribed to this event.
Submit Questions in Advance:
After we process your registration, you will receive a confirmation email with additional details. The confirmation email you receive will include information on how to submit questions in advance. The deadline to submit questions will be 5 p.m. Eastern, Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024. We will not address case-specific questions, questions outside the scope of the engagement, or issues under litigation.
If you have any questions, or if you have not received a confirmation email within three business days, please email us at email@example.com.
To request a disability accommodation to participate in this engagement, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 6, 2024, at 4 p.m. Eastern.
Note to media: This engagement is not for press purposes. Please email the USCIS press office at email@example.com for any media inquiries.
We look forward to your participation!