Updated Notice to Appear (NTA) Policy Guidance
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) invited you to participate in a teleconference on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018, from 2 to 3 p.m. (Eastern), to discuss the Policy Memorandum entitled “Updated Guidance for the Referral of Cases and Issuance of Notices to Appear (NTAs) in Cases Involving Inadmissible and Deportable Aliens (PDF, 139.53 KB),” issued by USCIS on June 28, 2018. This was the second in a series of stakeholder engagements on the NTA Policy Memorandum.
During the teleconference, USCIS officials provided an overview of the memorandum and an update on the continued expansion of the implementation process. Beginning Nov. 19, USCIS applied the memorandum to the following denied applications and petitions:
- I-914/I-914A, Application for T Nonimmigrant Status
- I-918/I-918A, Petition for U Nonimmigrant Status
- I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant (Violence Against Women Act self-petitions and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status petitions)
- I-730, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petitions when the beneficiary is present in the US
- I-929, Petition for Qualifying Family Member of a U-1 Nonimmigrant
- I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (with the underlying form types listed above).