Applicant Service Reference Guide
This Applicant Service Reference Guide provides information on the services provided by USCIS. This guide is a duplicate of the information used by the representatives at the USCIS Contact Center to answer calls on our toll free numbers.
For information about a particular immigration benefit or service, please select the appropriate topic on the menu below.
If you have comments about the content of this guide please email us at email@example.com.
- Getting Ready to File (PDF, 453.64 KB)
- Ordering Immigration Forms (PDF)
- Benefits for U.S. Citizens (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Benefits for Permanent Residents (PDF, 1.08 MB)
- Nonimmigrant Services (PDF, 1.04 MB)
- Refugees and Asylees (PDF, 621.36 KB)
- Filing for Permanent Residence based on Employment (PDF, 207.95 KB)
- Filing for Permanent Residence Based on a Family Petition (PDF, 233.57 KB)
- Employer Responsibility (PDF, 219.76 KB)
- Employment Authorization (PDF, 190.47 KB)
- Temporary Protected Status (PDF, 803.14 KB)
- Special Programs (PDF, 645.79 KB)
- Hiring a Foreign National for Short-Term Employment (PDF, 591.86 KB)
- Helping a Foreign National Employee Get Permanent Resident Status (PDF, 546.2 KB)
- Treaty Traders and Investors (PDF, 312.17 KB)
- Experiencing Technical Difficulty with Electronic Immigration System (ELIS) (PDF, 91.42 KB)
- Inadmissibility and Waivers (PDF, 224.51 KB)