Optional Checklist for Form I-129F (Alien Fiancé(e)/K-1)
This is an optional checklist to assist petitioners with filing Form I-129F. Do not submit this checklist to USCIS.
NOTE: This optional checklist does not replace or change statutory or regulatory requirements. We recommend that you review these requirements, as well as the appropriate form instructions, before completing and submitting Form I-129F. Do not send original documents unless specifically requested in the form instructions. See uscis.gov/I-129F for the most recent version of the Form I-129F and its instructions.
Did you complete all sections of the form that apply to you?
Did you sign and date the form?
Did you submit the correct fee?
Did you provide the following?
- Proof of your U.S. citizenship.
- Proof or original statements of intent to marry from both you and your fiancé(e).
- Proof of legal termination of all prior marriages for both you and your fiancé(e).
- Proof that you and your fiancé(e) have met in person within two years before filing Form I-129F.
- Completed Form G-28 (only if you are represented by an attorney or an accredited representative).
- Certified English translations of any non-English documents.