Green Card for a NATO-6 Nonimmigrant

Certain individuals who entered the United States in NATO-6 nonimmigrant status (civilian NATO employees and their unmarried sons and daughters) are eligible to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence). This includes retired NATO-6 nonimmigrants and the spouses and children of deceased or retired NATO-6 nonimmigrants. For more information, please see Volume 7, Part F, Chapter 6 of the USCIS Policy Manual.

Application Process

To apply for a Green Card as a NATO-6 nonimmigrant, you must have an approved Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, and a visa number must be available. For more information, see the Visa Availability and Priority Dates page.

NATO-6 permanent residency is an employment based, fourth preference category. For more information on employment-based category levels, see the Working in the U.S. page.

Last Reviewed/Updated: