Proof of Citizenship for U.S. Citizens

Woman smiling at the camera in front of a window

If you were born in the United States, you are already a U.S. citizen (unless you were born to parents who were in the United States in a diplomatic capacity for a foreign country). If you were born outside of the United States and either one or both of your parents are or were U.S. citizens (by birth or naturalization), you may already be a U.S. citizen. You may apply for a Certificate of Citizenship that will serve as proof of your status.

File Online

Last Reviewed/Updated: