Military Help Line
USCIS has established a toll-free military help line, 1-877-CIS-4MIL (1-877-247-4645), exclusively for members of the military and their families. USCIS customer service specialists are available to answer calls Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (CST), excluding federal holidays.
After-hours callers will receive an email address that they can use to contact USCIS for assistance. Callers will receive assistance with immigration-related information, such as:
- Tracking their Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- Notifying USCIS of a new mailing address or duty station.
- Checking the status of any other application or petition.
- Bringing a spouse, fiancé, or adopted child to the United States.
- Obtaining posthumous citizenship for a deceased member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Submitting an application for expedited processing.
Members of the U.S. armed forces and their families stationed in the United States or overseas may access the help line using the toll-free number through their base telephone operator or using the Defense Switched Network (DSN).
Operators will ask members of the general public to call our main customer service line available under the "Contact Us" link.