EOIR-29, Notice of Appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals from a Decision of a DHS Officer

Purpose of Form

Use this form to appeal a USCIS decision on a Form I-130 or Form I-360 (Widow(er) only).

Note: An attorney or an accredited representative of an organization recognized by the BIA must file a separate notice of appearance on behalf of the petitioner (Form EOIR-27) with the EOIR-29.

Do not use this form to appeal a Department of State overseas consular officer's denial of your visa application (i.e. DS-157, DS-230, or DS-260). For information about visa application denials, please reference the Department of State website.

Number of Pages

2 (Form 1; Instructions 1)

Edition Date

July 2015. (January 2015, October 2013, 2012 and April 2009 editions still accepted).

Where to File

Follow the instructions in the decision letter from USCIS.

If filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility: To receive an email or text message when we accept your form, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page.

Filing Fee


Special Instructions

To ensure your form is accepted, make sure you:

  • Properly sign the form.
  • Pay the correct fee of $110.
  • Include a copy of the denial letter you received from USCIS.

This page can be found at: https://www.uscis.gov/eoir-29

Last Reviewed/Updated: