Benefits of a USCIS Online Account
The best reasons to get a USCIS online account are that you can file forms online and track your case anytime from anywhere. The first step is to create an account.
If you work with an attorney or representative, they can also create their own account to manage your case, but they cannot use your account.
Benefits of Filing Online
Filing a form online is better than mailing a paper form because you can:
- Enter your information using a phone, tablet, or computer;
- Get step-by-step instructions as you complete a form;
- Avoid common mistakes (for example, you won’t be able to submit without signing);
- Save your draft application and finish it at your own pace;
- Easily and securely pay your filing fee; and
- Receive immediate confirmation that we have received your form instead of waiting for the mail.
After you file, you can use your account to:
- Get your current case status and the history of your case;
- Respond to Requests for Evidence (RFEs);
- Access every notice we send you; and
- Send us secure messages and get answers.
Using Your Account Without Filing Online
Even if you file on paper, you can link your case to your account. You can then see your case status and history. For some forms, you can also do the same things listed above as if you had filed online.
Beyond filing forms and tracking your cases online, your online account lets you use other USCIS services such as FOIA FIRST or myE-Verify:
FOIA FIRST: Request Records through the Freedom of Information Act or Privacy Act
You can use your USCIS online account to request your immigration record or A-File, another person's immigration record (with their approval), and non-A-file information such as USCIS policies, data, or communications.
Learn more about requesting records on the Request Records through the Freedom of Information Act or Privacy Act page.
myE-Verify: Verify Your Employment Eligibility
myE-Verify is a free web-based service that has something of value for everyone who works or is looking for a job in the United States. E-Verify is for employers; myE-Verify is for workers and job seekers.
Learn more about the benefits of using myE-Verify on the About myE-Verify page.