I-690, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
Use this form to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility if you are an applicant for adjustment of status under section 245A or 210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Number of Pages
Form 8; instructions 8.
12/23/16. No previous editions accepted. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
You must file this waiver application with the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over your primary benefits application:
- Form I-687, Application for Status as a Temporary Resident Under Section 245A of the INA;
- Form I-698, Application to Adjust Status from Temporary to Permanent Resident (Under Section 245A of the INA); and/or
- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
Tips to ensure your forms are processed smoothly are available on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.
Filing Tips for Form I-690, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
Part 1 – Information About You (the Applicant)
- Family Name
- Mailing Address
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
$715. You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check. When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.
Checklist of Required Initial Evidence (for informational purposes only)
Please do not submit this checklist with your Form I-690. It is an optional tool to use as you prepare your form, but does not replace statutory, regulatory, and form instruction requirements. We recommend that you review these requirements before completing and submitting your form. Do not send original documents unless specifically requested in the form instructions or applicable regulations. You may view the form instructions at uscis.gov/i-690.
If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.
Did you provide the following?
- Evidence that approval of your application is warranted as a matter of discretion with the favorable factors outweighing the unfavorable factors in your case
- Evidence that a waiver would serve humanitarian purposes, family unity, or otherwise be in the public interest
- Supplement 1, Applicants with a Class A Tuberculosis Condition (As Defined by Health and Human Services Regulations), if you are requesting a waiver because you have a Class A tuberculosis condition
Evidence that you object to vaccinations in any form, evidence that your objection is based on religious beliefs or moral convictions, and evidence that your beliefs or convictions are sincere if you are requesting a waiver of the vaccination requirements on account of religious or moral objection
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or a text message that your Form I-690 has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application.