I-690, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
- Form I-690 (PDF, 433 KB)
- Instructions for Form I-690 (PDF, 383 KB)
- Form I-690 Supplement 1, Applicants with a Class A Tuberculosis Condition (PDF, 314 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 238 KB)
Purpose of Form
Use this form to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility if you are an applicant for adjustment of status under section 245A or 210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
Number of Pages
Form 8; instructions 8.
12/23/16. No previous editions accepted. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Where to File
You must file this waiver application with the USCIS office that has jurisdiction over your primary benefits application:
- Form I-687, Application for Status as a Temporary Resident Under Section 245A of the INA;
- Form I-698, Application to Adjust Status from Temporary to Permanent Resident (Under Section 245A of the INA); and/or
- Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
Tips to ensure your forms are processed smoothly are available on our Lockbox Filing Tips webpage.
Filing Tips for Form I-690, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 1 – Information About You (the Applicant)
- Family Name
- Mailing Address
Don’t forget to sign your form! We will reject any unsigned form.
$715. You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check. When filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Please note that service centers are not able to process credit card payments.
E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or a text message that your Form I-690 has been accepted at a USCIS Lockbox facility, complete Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance and clip it to the first page of your application.