I-690, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
Use this form to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility if you are an applicant for adjustment of status under section 245A or 210 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
07/23/20. We will publish a new edition of this form soon. In the meantime, you may continue using the 07/23/20 edition despite the expiration date. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.
Dates are listed in mm/dd/yy format.
Dallas Lockbox Facility
U.S. Postal Service (USPS):
Attn: I-690 Manual Form
P.O. Box 660930
Dallas, TX 75266-0930
FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:
Attn: I-690 Manual Form (Box 660930)
2501 S. State Highway 121 Business
Lewisville, TX 75067-8003
Filing Tips: Go to our Form Filing Tips page for information on how to help ensure we will accept your form.
Complete all sections of the form. We will reject the form if these fields are missing:
- Part 1 – Information About You (the Applicant)
- Family Name
- Mailing Address
Don’t forget to sign your form. We will reject any unsigned form.
You may pay the fee with a money order, personal check, or cashier’s check. When filing at a USCIS lockbox facility, you may also pay by credit card using Form G-1450, Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. If you pay by check, you must make your check payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
When you send a payment, you agree to pay for a government service. Filing and biometric service fees are final and non-refundable, regardless of any action we take on your application, petition, or request, or if you withdraw your request. Use our Fee Calculator to help determine your fee.
If you are filing Form I-690 with another form, you must pay each filing fee separately for each application, petition, or request you submit.
Please do not submit this checklist with your Form I-690. It is an optional tool to use as you prepare your form, but does not replace statutory, regulatory, and form instruction requirements. We recommend that you review these requirements before completing and submitting your form. Do not send original documents unless specifically requested in the form instructions or applicable regulations.
If you submit any documents (copies or original documents, if requested) in a foreign language, you must include a full English translation along with a certification from the translator verifying that the translation is complete and accurate, and that they are competent to translate from the foreign language to English.
Did you provide the following?
- Evidence that approval of your application is warranted as a matter of discretion with the favorable factors outweighing the unfavorable factors in your case;
- Evidence that a waiver would serve humanitarian purposes, family unity, or otherwise be in the public interest;
- Supplement 1, Applicants with a Class A Tuberculosis Condition (As Defined by Health and Human Services Regulations), if you are requesting a waiver because you have a Class A tuberculosis condition; and
- Evidence that you object to vaccinations in any form, evidence that your objection is based on religious beliefs or moral convictions, and evidence that your beliefs or convictions are sincere if you are requesting a waiver of the vaccination requirements on account of religious or moral objection.